The original recipe for this entree came from my grandmother, who baked it in the oven. Today, the fish, which has a pleasant lemon-and-herb flavor, cooks quickly in the microwave. My family has always raved about it.Gloria A. Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds cod or haddock fillets
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Pepper to taste
- Place the fillets in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes; drain. Add wine or broth,
- lemon juice, lemon peel, chives, parsley, tarragon and pepper.
- Cover and cook 4-5 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 98 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.