Microwaved Cod Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds cod or haddock fillets
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Pepper to taste
- 1. Place the fillets in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish. Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes; drain. Add wine or broth, lemon juice, lemon peel, chives, parsley, tarragon and pepper.
- 2. Cover and cook 4-5 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 98 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Microwaved Cod
"I thought it tasted fine, but my husband said it was too rubbery for him."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.