Mexican Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each )
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1. Combine cumin and chili powder; rub over both sides of pork. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides over medium heat.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, cocoa and cinnamon; pour over pork. Bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, stirring sauce occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with cilantro and green onion. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce equals 213 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.