- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each )
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Combine cumin and chili powder; rub over both sides of pork. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, cocoa and cinnamon; pour over pork. Bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, stirring sauce occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with cilantro and green onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMexican Pork Chops
"This is really tender-the only problem was that no one in my family really liked it. I would like to make it again, but not if my kids don't like it."