Mexican Chicken Bake Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3 to 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups (12 ounces) Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and jalapeno peppers in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the rice, chicken, 2 cups cheese and onion mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 401 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Bake
"Yummy! It is a very soothing dish to my family's sore throats."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.