Melon Mousse Recipe
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups cubed ripe cantaloupe
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free lemon yogurt
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 2. In a blender, combine the gelatin mixture, cantaloupe and sugar; cover and process until smooth.
- 3. Transfer to a bowl; stir in yogurt. Spoon into individual dishes; chill until firm. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (without garnish) equals 90 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk.