Meatballs with Cranberry Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 3 cups cooked stuffing
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. Place stuffing in a large bowl. Crumble ground turkey and pork sausage over stuffing and mix well. Shape into 2-in. balls. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Drain on paper towels.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with meatballs.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meatballs in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Meanwhile, combine and heat remaining sauce ingredients as directed. Serve over meatballs. Yield: 2 dozen (1-1/2 cups sauce).
1 meatball equals 98 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Meatballs with Cranberry Dipping Sauce
"I am only commenting on the sauce as I used frozen meatballs w/ it. I made the sauce as it, but we found it to be quite bitter. Will not make again."