With their cranberry dipping sauce, these no-fuss appetizer meatballs make use of traditional Thanksgiving ingredients, so they're ideal around the holiday or anytime you're craving those favorite seasonal tastes.—Ann Baker, Texarkana, Texas
Recommended: 25 Christmas Potluck Appetizers for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups cooked stuffing
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Place stuffing in a large bowl. Crumble ground turkey and pork sausage over stuffing and mix well. Shape into 2-in. balls. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Drain on paper towels.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with meatballs.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meatballs in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Meanwhile, combine and heat remaining sauce ingredients as directed. Serve over meatballs. Yield: 2 dozen (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p120
Reviews forMeatballs with Cranberry Dipping Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2014
"I am only commenting on the sauce as I used frozen meatballs w/ it. I made the sauce as it, but we found it to be quite bitter. Will not make again."