Meatball Skillet Meal Recipe
With colorful vegetables and nicely seasoned meatballs, this tasty meal-in-one offers a lot of flavor for a little cash. —Donna Smith, Victor, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook meatballs over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add carrots and zucchini; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 312 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 352 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC