Meat Loaf with Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, oats, onion, salt, sage and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Press into an ungreased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours; drain.
- 3. Spread ketchup over meat loaf. Bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 308 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 646 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Meat Loaf with Oatmeal
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.