Meat Loaf with Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, oats, onion, salt, sage and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Press into an ungreased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours; drain.
- 3. Spread ketchup over meat loaf. Bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 308 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 646mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Meat Loaf with Oatmeal
"YUMMY. I have made this before. This is my go to recipe. Delicious."
"I have not made this yet myself, but I've eaten it -- this is the meat loaf recipe that my mom served when I was a kid (50 years ago)! Thank you for posting it; I am looking forward to trying it out to see if it's as good as I remember."