Mashed Red Potatoes
These yummy, chunky mashed potatoes from our home economists are rich enough to stand on their own. But they’re also delicious with cheese, bacon and sour cream…or heartier options, like Florets with Cheese Sauce and Dressed-Up Beef Tips.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream, warmed
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with
- water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15
- minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with butter, salt, pepper and
- enough cream to achieve desired consistency. Yield: 9 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 161 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.