- 4-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream, warmed
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with butter, salt, pepper and enough cream to achieve desired consistency. Yield: 9 cups.
Reviews forMashed Red Potatoes
"Not much different from how I would normally cook these if I was in a hurry."
"These potatoes were awesome. I'll definitely be doing this again."
"Seems like "regular" mashed potatoes to me."