Mashed Potato Sausage Bake Recipe
"Sausage and savory seasonings like onion and garlic taste great in this casserole," writes Jennifer Seevers of North Bend, Oregon. "It's especially satisfying during the colder months."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:7 servings
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl. Add sour cream and broth; beat on low speed until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, mushrooms and onion until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Spread half of the potato mixture into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with sausage mixture and remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with the cheese, parsley and oregano.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup equals 255 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC