- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound fully cooked light kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add sour cream and broth; beat on low speed until smooth. In a skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms, onion and garlic until vegetables are tender. Spread half of the potato mixture into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with sausage mixture and remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese, parsley and oregano. Bake at 350°for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with a spoon. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews forMashed Potato Sausage Bake
"This was delicious! I used hot smoked sausage instead of Kielbasa because I like spicy foods, but I can see this being delicious with any sort of sausage. Good quick hearty meal! Will definitely make again"
"This was really good! The mashed potatoes in it are delicious. I skipped the mushrooms, as my family doesn't eat them, but it turned out great. I like turkey kielbasa a lot, so I like finding different recipes with it. I'm sure you could use regular kielbasa if you choose."
"This is a new favorite of ours! I made it tonight for dinner and my husband loved it! I subbed kielbasa for Cheddarwurst and it was great! BIG THUMBS UP FOR THIS RECIPE!"