Mashed Potato Hot Dish Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and beans.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 431 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 1050mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Mashed Potato Hot Dish
"Absolutely great, easy, and my husband loves it. It's also a nice, mild recipe for anyone who might be having tummy troubles. The variations that people have written about below also look worth trying!"
"This is a keeper! My young boys and husband all loved it and they can be tough to please... I did tweak the recipe a little by using Cream of Mushroom w/ Roasted Garlic soup (Campbell's), 1 can of corn (drained), and about a 1/4-1/2 tsp each of cummin, chili powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, and dried crushed parsley, I also added about 3/4-1cup shredded cheese between the meat mixture and mashed potatoes as well as added 1/4-1/2cup of shredded cheese on top of the mashed potatoes. I also used a 3qt baking dish since I added the can of corn and it was a perfect fit. SO GOOD and SO quick!!! YUM!!!"
"Fast, easy, yummy."
"This is a huge thumbs up in our house! I no longer make just a single batch-I always have to double it!"
"I used veggie beef crumbles and cream of mushroom soup instead of chicken because I'm vegetarian. I also added sauteed onion and garlic and added some pepper and thyme to the "beef". Instead of butter for potatoes I use a little mayo and olive oil, salt and milk. This was really good and could be served with a salad for a complete meal. quick too, will definitely make again."