Mashed Potato Hot Dish Recipe
My cousin gave me this simple but savory recipe. Whenever I'm making homemade mashed potatoes, I throw in a few extra spuds so I can make this dish for supper the next night.—Tanya Abernathy, Yacolt, Washington
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and beans.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 431 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 1,050 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC