- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and beans.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMashed Potato Hot Dish
"Absolutely great, easy, and my husband loves it. It's also a nice, mild recipe for anyone who might be having tummy troubles. The variations that people have written about below also look worth trying!"
"This is a keeper! My young boys and husband all loved it and they can be tough to please... I did tweak the recipe a little by using Cream of Mushroom w/ Roasted Garlic soup (Campbell's), 1 can of corn (drained), and about a 1/4-1/2 tsp each of cummin, chili powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, and dried crushed parsley, I also added about 3/4-1cup shredded cheese between the meat mixture and mashed potatoes as well as added 1/4-1/2cup of shredded cheese on top of the mashed potatoes. I also used a 3qt baking dish since I added the can of corn and it was a perfect fit. SO GOOD and SO quick!!! YUM!!!"
"Fast, easy, yummy."
"This is a huge thumbs up in our house! I no longer make just a single batch-I always have to double it!"
"I used veggie beef crumbles and cream of mushroom soup instead of chicken because I'm vegetarian. I also added sauteed onion and garlic and added some pepper and thyme to the "beef". Instead of butter for potatoes I use a little mayo and olive oil, salt and milk. This was really good and could be served with a salad for a complete meal. quick too, will definitely make again."