Marvelous Mediterranean Vegetables Recipe
With so many barbecues in the summer, I created this simple, tasty dish to complement any entree. I like to prepare it earlier in the day and let it marinate, then I just throw it on the grill.—Cathy Godberson, Oakville, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 each medium sweet red, orange and yellow peppers. sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 10 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) Greek vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the mushrooms, peppers and zucchini. Add the asparagus, onion, tomatoes, peas, broccoli and olives. Pour vinaigrette into bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Discard marinade. Transfer vegetables to a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Place on a serving plate; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 196 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC