Marinated Venison Steaks Recipe
From Tigard, Oregon, Janelle Inkens writes, "These venison steaks are so tender and tasty, they're even a hit with my kids, ages 3 and 4. Someone who tried this dish once said, 'Wow, if I could make venison taste like this, I'd make it all the time.'"
- 6 boneless venison steaks (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place venison in a large resealable plastic bag. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half over the venison; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from steaks. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes. Turn; baste with reserved marinade. broil 4 minutes longer, basting often, or until a meat thermometer reads 160° for medium or 170° for well-done. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Marinated Venison Steaks
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2010
"I wish I could give this more stars! I have made MANY venison recipes and this is hands down the best way to marinate loin or tenderloin! Even non game eaters have enjoyed this tender, and super flavorful venison on the grill or broiler."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC