- 6 boneless venison steaks (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place venison in a large resealable plastic bag. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half over the venison; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from steaks. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes. Turn; baste with reserved marinade. broil 4 minutes longer, basting often, or until a thermometer reads 160° for medium or 170° for well-done. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMarinated Venison Steaks
"This was the PERFECT marinade for our venison chops. I didn't have powdered mustard so subbed with 1-1/2 tbsp regular mustard and still had outstanding results broiling until medium rare. This marinade is a keeper in the recipe box!!!"
"I wish I could give this more stars! I have made MANY venison recipes and this is hands down the best way to marinate loin or tenderloin! Even non game eaters have enjoyed this tender, and super flavorful venison on the grill or broiler."