Marinated Olive & Cheese Ring Recipe
We love to make Italian meals into celebrations, and an antipasto always kicks off the party. This one is almost too pretty to eat, especially when sprinkled with pimientos, fresh basil and parsley. —Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cold
- 1 package (10 ounces) sharp white cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) pimiento strips, drained and chopped
- Toasted French bread baguette slices
- 1. Cut cream cheese lengthwise in half; cut each half into 1/4-in. slices. On a serving plate, arrange cheeses upright in a ring, alternating cheddar and cream cheese slices. Place olives in center.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, parsley, basil and garlic until blended; drizzle over cheeses and olives. Sprinkle with pimientos. Refrigerate, covered, at least 8 hours or overnight. Serve with baguette slices. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (calculated without baguette) equals 168 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Marinated Olive & Cheese Ring
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC