Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana offers this festive side dish that’s ideal for holiday dinners.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first eight
- ingredients; shake well. In a small bowl, combine broccoli and red
- pepper; add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 119 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.