Maple Cream Bonbons
"My family always smiles when I fix these chocolates," writes Ginny Truwe of Mankato, Minnesota. "They recall the winter when I put trays of the candy centers on top of my van in the garage to freeze before dipping. Later, I drove off and was horrified to see the little balls rolling on the highway!"
60 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple flavoring
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and maple flavoring until
- smooth. Stir in walnuts. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on waxed
- paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze until firm.
- In a microwave , melt chips; stir until smooth. Dip balls in
- chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined
- baking sheets. Refrigerate until set. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 131 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.