- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple flavoring
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and maple flavoring until smooth. Stir in walnuts. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze until firm.
- In a microwave , melt chips; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews forMaple Cream Bonbons
"I mixed together the butter, sugar and maple flavoring. It is too think to make balls. Please help..I don't know what I did wrong? I have it in the fridge hoping that will help. Do you melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips together. Any help would be greatly appreciated."
"These are really good, and easy. My mom loves maple flavored treats, I made these for mother's day and she loved them."