Maple Cranberry Chicken
“With just four ingredients, these moist and flavorful chicken breasts are a cinch to prepare,” says Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. “The tart cranberry sauce contrasts nicely with the sweet maple syrup.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine syrup and 3/4 cup cranberry sauce; set
- aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or
- until a thermometer reads 165°, basting frequently with syrup
- Warm the remaining cranberry sauce; serve with chicken. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 198 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.