Maple Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup maple pancake syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; reserving 3/4 cup.
- 2. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Grill 6-8 minutes longer or a meat thermometer reads 170°, turning occasionally and basting with sauce. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (one chicken breast with 1-1/2 tablespoons sauce) equals 228 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Maple Barbecued Chicken
"We make this all the time. Great alternative to plain BBQ chicken, and quick since there is no marinating!"
"Great flavor, very simple and quick and I'm looking forward to trying the variations that the other reviewers mentioned."
"Make this often. Family loves it!"
"add some brown sugar to this recipe to make it sweet and sticky, great for ribs to. I used gool ole pancake syrup"
"ingredient of maple pancake syrup, is this real maple syrup or imitation variety.Teresa"
"A dash of liquid smoke really kicks it up to a higher degree of BBQ flavor."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.