Maple Barbecued Chicken
"This tender glazed chicken is so delicious, it will disappear very quickly," writes Ruth Lowen from Hythe, Alberta. The sweet maple sauce is used to baste the chicken while grilling, with additional served alongside for dipping.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup maple pancake syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; reserving 3/4
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each
- side. Grill 6-8 minutes longer or a meat thermometer reads 170°,
- turning occasionally and basting with sauce. Serve with reserved
- sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One serving (one chicken breast with 1-1/2 tablespoons sauce) equals 228 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now