Mango Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the chicken, curry, ginger, garlic, salt and cayenne. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the mango, coconut milk and tomato paste; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups chicken mixture (calculated without rice) equals 343 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer