- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the chicken, curry, ginger, garlic, salt and cayenne. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in the mango, coconut milk and tomato paste; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMango Chicken Curry
"Very good. May increase spices next time as it was a little bland. Substituted rice milk for coconut milk."
"This is very nice! My husband and I think we would add a bit more mango and curry powder next time or maybe try curry paste instead of curry powder."