Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe
If you want to make cake but are squeezed for time, count on this recipe for a fast solution.—Charlene Wahlenmaier, Grants Pass, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, applesauce and oranges. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In another bowl, beat whipped topping, pineapple and pudding mix. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Chill. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 308 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 399 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC