Mandarin Orange Cake
If you want to make cake but are squeezed for time, count on this recipe for a fast solution.—Charlene Wahlenmaier, Grants Pass, Oregon
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, applesauce and oranges.
- Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 325° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing
- to wire racks to cool completely.
- In another bowl, beat whipped topping, pineapple and pudding mix.
- Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Chill. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 308 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 399 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.