- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, applesauce and oranges. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In another bowl, beat whipped topping, pineapple and pudding mix. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Chill. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forMandarin Orange Cake
"Simple cake but a refreshing flavor and different than other cakes."
"so love this cake! my step-son Brandon always request it!! awesome! recipe"
"I initially made this cake 22 yrs ago; for a potluck at work. It received rave reviews, and I received regular requests from coworkers to make it afterwards. I'm making it now, for a new group of coworkers; and feel very confident that it'll be well received. I add a little mandarin oranges AND crushed pineapple to the cake mix. Yummy!"
"This is a wonderful light tasting cake. I made it for a card group and they all had seconds. Will make this again."
"For my version, I created the pudding and whipped cream frosting from scratch and substituted mandarin oranges peeled by hand, not from a can. Otherwise, I followed the recipe. My family loved this delicious cake, even with the changes."
"This is so good and easy to make"
"I have to say...I found this recipe in a TOH book years ago and made it. It was an instant hit...so much so, that my husband requested it as our wedding cake! I actually supplied the recipe to our baker and she made just a couple adjustments - like adding orange liqueur and a different frosting. Its been fabulous both ways!"
"Made this one before and loved it."