Makeover Poppy Seed Chicken
This revised recipe is comforting and homey, but with fewer calories and much less fat and cholesterol than the original. We think you'll love the results! —Carolyn Keese, Seneca, South Carolina
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, sour cream and poppy
- seeds. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; set aside
- 1/2 cup for topping. Stir remaining crumbs into chicken mixture.
- Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Top with reserved crumbs; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 332 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.