Macadamia French Toast Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Confectioners' sugar and maple syrup, optional
- 1. Arrange bread slices in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice, milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg until blended; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Pour butter into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Transfer bread slices to prepared pan; sprinkle with nuts. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 393 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Macadamia French Toast
"i loved this recipe it was so yummy and i would defintly make it agian i spilt the recipe in half"