Macadamia French Toast Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Confectioners' sugar and maple syrup, optional
- 1. Arrange bread slices in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice, milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg until blended; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Pour butter into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Transfer bread slices to prepared pan; sprinkle with nuts. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 393 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Macadamia French Toast
"i loved this recipe it was so yummy and i would defintly make it agian i spilt the recipe in half"