Lower Sodium Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups reduced-fat reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 140 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Lower Sodium Chicken Vegetable Soup
"Very easy! A little too sweet for my taste. I think I'd try it with half the sugar next time."
"Love this in a crock pot!"
"Tasty, simple and easy to make. I added a bit of grated cheddar cheese on top for the final product."