Lime Cucumber Salsa
This unique salsa tastes terrific with chicken and fish, on top of baked potatoes or eaten as a dip with tortilla chips.Marcia Kwiecinski, Corregidor, Philippines
13 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Refrigerate for at
- least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 3 tablespoons (prepared without salt) equals 25 calories, 1 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 1 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 2 gm fat. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.