Lime Coconut Cheesecake Recipe
This refreshing cheesecake's delicate flavor is complemented by a coconut crust. —Inge Schermerhorn, East Kingston, New Hampshire
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons ground macadamia nuts or almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- Green food coloring
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Toasted coconut and additional whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine coconut and nuts; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in sugar; cook over low heat until sugar and gelatin are dissolved. Remove from the heat. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Add lime juice and peel; beat until blended. Tint pale green with food coloring. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over crust. Refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight.
- 3. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with coconut and additional whipped cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 312 calories, 25 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC