Lemon Tarragon Butter
Tarragon is a native herb of central Asia and was brought to Spain by the Moors. It has been an important ingredient to French cooking since the 16th century.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, beat all ingredients with a fork or whisk until well
- blended. Shape into a log; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a
- week or freeze for several months. Slice and use on fish, poultry,
- vegetables, pasta and bread. Yield: 1/2 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 204 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.