Lemon Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat cinnamon graham crackers crumbs (about 7 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt and remaining sugar. Gradually stir in water and buttermilk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg substitute. Return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and peel. Pour into crust.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, spread whipped topping over filling. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor's Note:: This recipe was test with Blue Bonnet light stick margarine.
1 piece: 252 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Lemon Cream Pie
"NEVER MADE ONE BEFORE, BECAUSE I LOST THE RECIPE, SO NOW I WILL GIVE IT A TRY. I LOVE THIS WEBSITE."
"I like lemon cakes."
"I love lemon cakes"