Lemon Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2-1/2 cups cold water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) lemon-flavored instant pudding mix
- 2 pie shells (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- Lemon slices
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter. Gently stir in 1/3 cup lemon juice. Cool for several hours or overnight.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth. Stir in pudding mix and remaining lemon juice.
- 4. Fold into chilled lemon filling. Divide and spoon into baked pie shells. Refrigerate for several hours. Garnish with whipped cream and lemon slices. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 378 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.