- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2-1/2 cups cold water
- 3 eggs yolks, beaten
- 2/3 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package ( 8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) lemon-flavored instant pudding mix
- 2 pie shells ( 9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- Lemon Slices
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water, mixing until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and clear. Quickly stir in egg yolks. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/3 cup lemon juice, salt and butter. Cool for several hours or overnight. In a mixing bowl, blend condensed milk and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in pudding mix and remaining lemon juice. Fold into chilled lemon filling. Divide and spoon into baked pie shells. Refrigerate for several hours. Garnish with whipped cream and lemon slices. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forLemon Cream Cheese Pie
"This pie is delicious. Made it for years somehow misplaced recipe. This morning reading about it in "South Dakota Magazine". Making it now. Nice texture, tart, sweet, cool, creamy. Perfect dessert. NanCee Maynard Taste of Home field editor from South Dakota (Sorry the first review may have been sent incomplete as we had a power glitch and it disappeared)."