Lemon-Butter Spritz Cookies
This recipe makes a lot of terrific cookies! It's great for Christmas when all the kids and grandkids visit. They can help decorate the cookies-not to mention help eat them! Besides baking and decorating cookies and cakes, I enjoy taking long walks through our New York countryside.
72 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in the eggs, lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla. Combine flour and
- salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough
- 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown around the
- edges. Yield: about 12 dozen.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.