Lemon Blueberry Biscuits Recipe
Lemon and blueberries make such a fresh and flavorful combination in all kinds of baked goods, especially these biscuits. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk yogurt, egg, melted butter and lemon peel until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Drop by 1/3 cupfuls 1 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes or until light brown.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm biscuits. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 biscuit equals 193 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC