- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk yogurt, egg, melted butter and lemon peel until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Drop by 1/3 cupfuls 1 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes or until light brown.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm biscuits. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forLemon Blueberry Biscuits
"Delicious! I had to add 1/4 c. Sour cream because our yogurt only comes in a 6 oz. Size. Better than the scones I usually make. This is a keeper!"
"Absolutely fabulous. And so very easy! My only problem: How do I keep them from getting soggy the second day? I've made them three times and I'm planning to make them again tomorrow. SO very good."
"I tried this recipe and loved it - have made it twice now. Second time I used my silicon muffin pan so I didn't need those cupcake papers. Wonderful - I added an A on my copy to remind myself it was GREAT."
"These were really good and quick to make. The few we had left over were just as good a day later."
"easy, tasty and not too sweet. Everyone loved them!"
"Jersey blueberries are in season, so any recipe with blueberries is on my radar now. Well, these are one of the best things I have ever made from this magazine which I've been getting for years! My husband was crazy about them! He called them a perfect cross between a scone and a muffin. They are easy, fabulous, and I will make them over and over again! And I froze some Jersey blueberries, so I can make them in the winter! I also thought the batter seemed a bit dry, but I baked them for just 15 minutes and they came out golden brown and incredibly moist! Fantastic recipe!"
"Made this because I had just picked up some fresh blueberries at the farmer market; such an amazingingly refreshing recipe! My husband, who usually does not care for sweets, loved this recipe and I had rave reviews from a couple moms I had over for a playdate. The lemon glaze is the "icing on the cake" and added the right amount of sweetness to them."
"Having just picked 6 lbs of blueberries ( I froze 4 lbs), I was looking for blueberry recipes to try. These were super easy to make. I could not find lemon yogurt so I bought a 6 oz of store brand Lemon Chiffon yogurt to use as a substitute. Like the other reviewer, I was concerned that the mix seemed a bit dry but I went with it. I ended up with 18 biscuits vs. 12 as they were plenty big enough. I also debated on whether to do the glaze but decided to try it. Very glad I did as it adds just that little touch of extra flavor. I will definitely be making these again!"