Lemon & Sage Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- 8 medium potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a 2-gallon resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, 1/4 cup oil, garlic and sage. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the chicken; rub butter under the skin. Fill cavity with lemon wedges. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onions, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Arrange around chicken. Roast, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 907 calories, 47 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 189 mg cholesterol, 415 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 63 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon & Sage Roasted Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.