Lemon & Sage Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- 8 medium potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine lemon juice, 1/4 cup oil, garlic and sage in a shallow dish. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. Loosen chicken skin; rub butter underneath. Fill cavity with lemon wedges. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 3. Stir together potatoes, onions, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Arrange around chicken. Roast, uncovered, at 350° until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. If chicken browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 8 servings.
6 ounces cooked chicken: 674 calories, 35g fat (10g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 47g protein
Reviews for Lemon & Sage Roasted Chicken
"My family loved this one and asked to have it again. If they even comment on a meal I know it's a winner and this got more than a few comments from my kids."
"I think the calorie count was off........whatever, it was a wonderful terrfic dinner.....I tried this, without the potatoes and onions....It was EXCELLENT...paired with an asparagus drizzled with brown butter side, sprinkled with just a smidgeon of freshly ground parmesan........as well as a simple herb infused quinoa....... When you find a terrific dish, I don't count calories....I count the taste and this was truely wonderful. Thank you!"
"907 calories per serving?! Is that right?!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.