- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- 8 medium potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine lemon juice, 1/4 cup oil, garlic and sage in a shallow dish. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours. Drain and discard marinade.
- Loosen chicken skin; rub butter underneath. Fill cavity with lemon wedges. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Stir together potatoes, onions, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Arrange around chicken. Roast, uncovered, at 350° until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. If chicken browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLemon & Sage Roasted Chicken
"It was a wonderful terrfic dinner.....I tried this, without the potatoes and onions....It was EXCELLENT...paired with an asparagus drizzled with brown butter side, sprinkled with just a smidgeon of freshly ground parmesan........as well as a simple herb infused quinoa....... When you find a terrific dish, I don't count calories....I count the taste and this was truely wonderful. Thank you!"
"My husband didn't care for the lemon. Overpowered the gravy he said."
"My family loved this one and asked to have it again. If they even comment on a meal I know it's a winner and this got more than a few comments from my kids."