Lara's Tender Gingersnaps
Soft gingersnaps embody the tastes and smells of the season. Enjoy cloves, cinnamon and ginger blended into one delicious cookie. These are perfect for Thanksgiving and fall gatherings. —Lara Pennell, Mauldin, South Carolina
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until blended. Beat in
- egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon
- and cloves; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well (dough
- will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1 in. balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on
- greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute
- before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 99 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,