Kielbasa with Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the kielbasa, green pepper, onion and garlic in oil until sausage is lightly browned. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Stir in Parmesan cheese and butter. Serve with kielbasa mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 cups) equals 726 calories, 48 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,780 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.