Kielbasa with Pasta
"One weekend while my husband was out of town, I came up with this recipe by using ingredients that I thought only I would enjoy," recalls Ann Dee Bent of Sullivan, Missouri "But to my surprise , my husband--who came home in time for supper--loved it. Our children enjoyed it, too."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large skillet, saute the kielbasa, green pepper, onion and
- garlic in oil until sausage is lightly browned. Stir in tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Stir in
- Parmesan cheese and butter. Serve with kielbasa mixture. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 cups) equals 726 calories, 48 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,780 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon