Kielbasa Spinach Soup Recipe
This is one of my favorite meal-in-a-bowl soups because it's very tasty with little preparation. Collard greens or chopped kale can be used instead of spinach. The hot pepper sauce adds real kick, but it's fine to leave it out and let each person flavor their own serving.
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage or Polish sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 8 to 10 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1. Combine the broth, spinach and kielbasa in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add beans and macaroni. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-9 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in pepper sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 334 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 1,777 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC