This is one of my favorite meal-in-a-bowl soups because it's very tasty with little preparation. Collard greens or chopped kale can be used instead of spinach. The hot pepper sauce adds real kick, but it's fine to leave it out and let each person flavor their own serving.
Recommended: 65 One-Dish Dinners That Make Cleanup a Breeze
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 8 to 10 drops hot pepper sauce
- Combine the broth, spinach and kielbasa in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add beans and macaroni. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-9 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in pepper sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Kielbasa Spinach Soup in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p29
Reviews forKielbasa Spinach Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2015
"Super good & a quick fix"
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2012
"Great dinner made in such a short time. I made it with Cheddar Garlic Biscuts (same issue)...perfect for a cold windy autumn night."