Whenever family and friends get together, this is the dish I am asked to prepare. It's delicious, economical and easy to fix.
-Evelynn Anderson Lugo
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups butter
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 pounds Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons browning sauce, optional
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- In several large skillets, saute the onions, green peppers and celery
- in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Place in several large bowls; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to three greased shallow 3-qt. baking dishes. Cover and bake
- at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring
- twice. Yield: 3 casseroles (8 servings each).