Italian Spaghetti Squash Recipe
This is a unique and easy way to cook spaghetti squash. Be sure the squash is on the small or medium side so that it fits into the slow cooker after being cut in half.—Melissa Brooks, Sparta, Wisconsin
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side up, in a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker. Combine mushrooms, tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper; spoon over squash. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until squash is tender.
- 2. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate spaghetti squash strands. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Italian Spaghetti Squash
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC