Italian Spaghetti Squash Recipe
This is a unique and easy way to cook spaghetti squash. Be sure the squash is on the small or medium side so that it fits into the slow cooker after being cut in half. —Melissa Brooks, Sparta, Wisconsin
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (3 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Fill with tomatoes and mushrooms; sprinkle with seasonings. Place in an oval 7-qt. slow cooker, tilting one slightly to fit.
- 2. Cook, covered, on low until squash is tender, 6-8 hours. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, on low until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. To serve, cut each half into two portions. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 195 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.
Reviews for Italian Spaghetti Squash
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC