Italian Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash in an oval 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker, cut side up. Fill halves with tomatoes and mushrooms; sprinkle with seasonings.
- 2. Cook, covered, on low until squash is tender, 6-8 hours. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, on low until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. To serve, cut each half into two portions. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 195 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.
Reviews for Italian Spaghetti Squash
"EASY and tastes great! I added some italian seasonings, just because i can't leave good enough alone - yummy!"
"It was very easy to put together I loved the taste"