Italian Sausage and Zucchini Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups julienned or coarsely shredded zucchini
- 2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the zucchini, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, oregano and pepper sauce. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 231 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer