Italian Sausage and Zucchini Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups julienned or coarsely shredded zucchini
- 2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the zucchini, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, oregano and pepper sauce. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 231 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Italian Sausage and Zucchini Stir-Fry
"I made this tonight and my husband gave it a big thumbs up - I added some yellow and red bell pepper slices that I had on hand. I served it with cheese tortellini drizzled with olive oil garlic powder oregano and parmesan cheese and focaccia bread. I will definitely make it again."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.