Italian Sausage and Zucchini Stir-Fry
I'm always looking for new recipes to put variety into our meals. I like this one especially because it doesn't call for too many ingredients and makes an attractive, natural dish. We recently moved into a log home in the country with plenty of room outdoors for a garden, and I plan to grow lots of vegetables to use in similar stir-fry dishes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups julienned or coarsely shredded zucchini
- 2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer
- pink; drain.
- Stir in the zucchini, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, oregano and pepper
- sauce. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Garnish
- with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 231 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as