Italian Rubbed Pork Chops
A perky garlic and herb rub adds pizzazz to these juicy chops that will have everyone at the table licking their lips. "They're special enough for company, too...and so easy to prepare," notes Kathleen Taugher of East Troy, Wisconsin.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; rub over pork chops.
- Place in a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered, at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until juices run
- clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 149 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.